01 December 2023
The Event: The 2023 Ellie Awards Night
The Address: 222 Chestnut St, Harrisburg, PA 17101
The Date/Time: December 7 at 5pm
The Pennsylvania Drone Association is pleased to announce that Influential Drones (Corporate) and Dr. Larry Nulton (Individual) have been named by the Community Relations Committee as the recipients of the 2nd Annual Ellie Awards. RSVP now so you do not miss your spot on Thursday, December 7, 2023 to join in the celebration. The event will be held at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
The Ellie Awards is the highest recognition bestowed by the Pennsylvania Drone Association. These awards are given in recognition of individuals and corporations who have made significant and lasting contributions to the commonwealth’s drone industry and economy. Whether through service, education, innovation, economic impact, political leadership, and often, all of the above, the Ellie is our association’s expression of our appreciation and gratitude for such meaningful work throughout our drone community.
Dr. Larry Nulton has been selected as the Individual Ellie Award recipient this year. The magnitude of Dr. Nulton’s accomplishments within our Pennsylvania aviation industry are only out-measured by the humility of his service. But his calm and unassuming demeanor have gained the commonwealth’s drone great advances during this past year. Here is just a sampling of his work:
- The launch of Aerium. a non-profit organization formed to foster collaboration between vital private & public stakeholders to address the needs of aviation.
- The inaugural Aerium Summit in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, whose emphasis on UAVs and UASs is helping to make drones now part of the state’s conversation when it comes to the $2 billion aviation industry.
- Formal adoption by the Pennsylvania Department of Education of the Classification of Instruction Program (CIP) codes which now explicitly recognize Remote Aircraft Pilot (drone pilot) as an instructional and career path.
And while there may not be enough room to include all of Dr. Nulton’s contributions, the rippling effect of his work is just beginning to be realized by our state drone community. His relationships with local, state, and federal officials will continue to elevate our Pennsylvania drone industry long into the future.
Influential Drones Whether selling drone-related products, instructing remote pilot operators, consulting on flight operations in complex environments, providing policy guidance, being an advocate for aviation safety as volunteer Industry Members and DronePro representatives with the FAA safety team program, working with Philadelphia, other Pennsylvania municipalities and many other jurisdictions throughout the nation, Influential Drones has been the go to company.
Co-owners’, Dave Krause and Emily Hines, expertise in the drone and aviation space is beyond reproach, which means that they are both in great demand throughout Pennsylvania and the United States. This incredible workload has not restricted Influential Drones from making meaningful and impactful contributions in our state, including:
- sUAS Aerial Test Methods training at John Murtha/Johnstown Airport and other classes within the commonwealth.
- Constant guidance on policy and compliance for the leadership of the PA Drone Association.
- Approved FAA Part 137 and FAA BVLOS Waiver to benefit operational partners in Pennsylvania.
- A significant audit of the Philadelphia airspace to drone activity over a one year time span.
- Participation in the PA Drone Association Hot Topics Webinar Series on Risk Management.
This is a fraction of a fraction of all that Influential Drones has contributed to the Pennsylvania drone community. We are honored that they would dedicate such efforts and expertise to our people.
Our Ellie Awardees will be honored on Thursday, December 7th at Harrisburg University, where they will receive their awards amongst many of the drone leaders in our state. We invite you to RESERVE YOUR SPOT for this elevatePA Networking event that will start at 5pm ET.